The biggest film festival in Ghana, the Black Star International Film Festival (BSIFF) is set to open submissions for films into the Festival for the year 2020.
Submissions would open from the 16th December and close latest by the 20th March, 2020 at 11:59pm GMT. The categories for submission include:
– Feature film: Should be a minimum of 60 min.
– Short Film: Film should be less than 60 min.
– Student Film: This category is set to award student filmmakers thus, the film must be made entirely by students. Evidence of a student card and an email confirmation from a head of department is a must.
– Women in Film: Film must have a predominant female crew. Either the Producer, Director, Cinematographer and/or Writer must be a woman. Any three of the above.
– Animation: An animated film
– Africa Rising: Film that connects to the special story of Africa and stories that highlight special issues peculiar to the continent of Africa.
– The ‘Odehye3’ Award: To award the next generation of Ghanaian filmmakers. Films must have predominantly Ghanaian crew. Either the Producer, Director, Cinematographer and/or Writer must be Ghanaian.
Aside from the astounding cash prizes to be won, BSIFF offers an intimate international community experience in which filmmakers’, film buffs and industry professionals mingle and sit side by side in screening rooms to discover emerging filmmakers who have compelling stories to tell.
The Black Star International Film Festival is going into its fifth year and focused on the business of film, the Festival has in four years, become a growing festival on the continent, attracting top level acts, distributors, filmmakers, agents and press.
BSIFF is known for not compromising on the quality standards of films that make it into the Festival and as such, that reputation would be strictly maintained in the coming year, 2020.
Filmmakers can use the following platforms to submit their films:
– Film freeway : https://filmfreeway.com/bsiff
– Festhome: https://festivals.festhome.com